5 activities to do with your kids in Steamboat Springs before school starts.
Summer is coming to an end and school is just around the corner, but there’s still plenty of time to make some family memories before the busy school year begins. Here are five fun things you can do with your kids in Steamboat Springs before school starts:
- Go on a hike: Steamboat Springs has some of Colorado’s most beautiful hiking trails. Take your kids on a hike through the Yampa River Botanic Park or up to Fish Creek Falls. Don’t forget to pack a picnic lunch and plenty of water.
- Visit the Old Town Hot Springs: Spend the day at the Old Town Hot Springs, where you and your family can enjoy swimming, water slides, and soaking in the natural hot springs. The facility also offers fitness classes and a rock climbing wall.
- Visit the Tread of Pioneers Museum: Learn about the history of Steamboat Springs at the Tread of Pioneers Museum. The museum features exhibits on local Native American tribes, skiing, and ranching. Our very own, Ben Berend, leads the museum’s Olympic Tours every Tuesday 9 – 10 am through September 5
- Pro Rodeo Series: Spectators can watch bull riding, barrel racing, and impressive horsemanship skills as professional cowboys and cowgirls showcase their talents Friday and Saturday evenings at 7:30 pm through August 26. Come early for BBQ and live music at 6 pm.
- Attend the Free Summer Concert Series: Located at the Historic Howelsen Hill, enjoy live performances featuring a variety of genres. St. Paul and The Broken Bones will perform on August 11 and the series will wrap up with Yonder Mountain String Band and Buffalo Commons on September 3.
These are just a few of the many things you can do with your kids in Steamboat Springs before school starts. Whatever you choose to do, make sure to savor these last few weeks of summer with your family.